“As a junior at UMass, I came to realize that this school could be so much more racially diverse. Western Massachusetts has many people of color, but when I compare the diversity of the local community to UMass, it just doesn’t match up.” ~ Ruth Thompson, UMass Amherst Student Trustee 2007-2008, Social Thought & Political Economy & Women’s Studies Double Major, Boston, MA
We welcome your support to deepen and expand Student Bridges’ capacity to expand college access and success for students from the Holyoke-Springfield area. Please consider making a contribution to any of the following initiatives:
- UMass Student Interns: Providing additional paid internship opportunities for current UMass students.
- Youth Leader Stipends: Providing stipends for community youth to participate in summer workshops and help to design and implement college awareness activities.
- Programming: Providing funding for food and materials for college-positive community-based events, workshop series, and campus visits.
- Advocacy: Providing paid internships for UMass students to advocate for policies and practices that support college access and success for underrepresented students.
- Student Scholarships: We are in the process of creating a scholarship program for students affiliated with our program. Contact us email@example.com for more information.
Checks can be made payable to “UMass Amherst Student Bridges” and sent to our main address:
41 Campus Center Way
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003